Selecting Handoff Contacts
- Log into the Halo mobile app and select the Settings tab.
- Tap Handoff and select Handoff Contacts.
- Select the names of all users with whom you may hand off or share patients and tap Done.
Creating a Patient Handoff Record
- Tap the plus (+) sign. Enter the patient name and any additional information. Tap Save.
- Once the patient Handoff record is created, you will be identified as the Covering Provider.
Handing Off or Sharing a Patient Handoff Record
- Select the check box next to one or more patient Handoff records.
- Tap Action and select the Handoff or Share option.
- Select the check box next to the provider with whom you would like to Handoff or Share.
- The patient Handoff record will remain Pending until the Handoff is accepted by the receiving provider.
- If the Handoff option is selected, the receiving provider will be listed as Covering Provider once the Handoff record is accepted.
- A Halo message will be sent to you with confirmation of acceptance.
Accepting a Patient Handoff Record
- You will receive a Halo message when a Patient Handoff Record is handed off to you indicating that a Handoff Record is pending acceptance.
- Tap the Handoff tab.
- Tap Accept.
- You will then be listed as the Covering Provider.