Mission-critical mobile collaboration is a new concept in healthcare. Many health systems are familiar with clinical collaboration platforms (CCP), which enable clinicians to collaborate across roles, departments, facilities and even organizations to provide the best patient care.
But for these platforms to work seamlessly and reliably, they require a comprehensive infrastructure layer to run on, which includes smart devices, mobile device management and a robust network. The platform and the infrastructure components must all be configured to work together for effective mission-critical mobile collaboration.
Until recently, health systems worked with disparate vendors for clinical communication and collaboration solutions (secure messaging, voice calls, alert management and on-call schedules), as well as smart devices, mobile device management services and software applications to make calls. However, when these companies don’t have relationships with each other and are each releasing software updates, problems frequently arise. For example, when Google releases a software update, it might break the platform unless the platform provider is aware of the update in advance and is able to test it.
A tight technology relationship must exist between the CCP and the infrastructure supporting the platform.
REDUCE FRAGMENTATION WITH AN INTEGRATED SOLUTION
The solution to eliminating fragmentation lies in standardizing one vendor for all aspects of the mission-critical mobile collaboration ecosystem. This improves the ability to share patient-related information and prevents communication breakdown in critical moments.
Adopting one integrated solution also significantly reduces IT staff workload. A partner with technical expertise in mobility should simplify a health system’s mission-critical mobile collaboration by offering the following comprehensive solutions:
- Tier I and Tier II shared smartphones for healthcare, offering clinicians and support staff reliable access to critical information on an easy-to-use platform.
- Mobile device management (MDM) software and services, providing administrators the ability to instantly locate and wipe data from smart devices and push updates out to all users.
- Full kitting, implementation and lifecycle management services, providing a turnkey solution for staff.
- Full quality assurance of hardware, mobile operating system, patches and software applications before release into shared device and bring your own device environments, ensuring reliability of the mission-critical mobile ecosystem as updates are deployed.
- One cloud-based clinical collaboration platform for communication, including secure messaging, voice calls, critical alerts and schedule management.
SIMPLIFYING CLINICAL COMMUNICATION AND COLLABORATION
A standardized approach to mission-critical mobile collaboration provides one integrated solution for the entire health system. The approach reduces the cost and complexity of enterprise mobility and reduces the burden on internal staff to manage the often fragmented deployment of clinical communication tools. Most importantly, by simplifying clinical collaboration, clinicians can focus on care. Download Insight
Learn more and request a demo of Halo today!