- Why is a positive organizational culture at Halo Health so important?
- What is a Halo Hero?
- Introducing Our Halo Hero: Kendall Shadley
Maintaining a positive organizational culture is a top priority for us at Halo Health – and it means more than ping pong tables and free snacks.
To us, a positive organizational culture means providing the space and support for our employees to be innovative, to collaborate, to work hard but also have fun.
So, we work very hard to maintain this company atmosphere – consistently thinking about every angle – our physical space, the talent we hire, the benefits and recognition we provide, and more.
In fact, each quarter Halo Health employees nominate “Halo Heroes” – employees who exemplify our mission and core values. Team members who receive the most peer nominations are named our “Halo Heroes,” and are recognized with a personal letter from our CEO, a Halo Hero hat, a $200 Amazon gift card, and a feature on our blog.
Kendall Shadley is one of our 2021, Q1 Halo Heroes, and we are so proud to have her on the team. We invite you to learn more about her and her view of working at Halo Health.
Get to Know Our Halo Hero: Kendall Shadley
- Meet Kendall: Kendall is a marketing manager at Halo Health, focusing on product marketing and content marketing: “I work with our product and market intelligence teammates to understand the different challenges facing healthcare organizations, and how our platform is uniquely designed to help address those challenges. Then, I plan and develop content marketing pieces (with the help of an amazing marketing team) to convey those messages to our target audiences.” Kendall began working for Halo Health in November of 2020.
- A Day in the Life: Halo Health is a Cincinnati-based company, but we’re a remote first company – giving us the ability to employ amazing talent from anywhere and giving our employees the flexibility they love. Kendall is based in Chicago, IL. “My day to day is a mix of meetings and execution. Our team is incredibly collaborative, so we are constantly in communication about how we can support one another to get something across the finish line – that and chatting about what we’re watching on Netflix. With a growing family and a pandemic, having the ability to work remotely has been such a blessing.”
- Motivation Station: What keeps Kendall motivated? The bigger picture. “I’ve worked in healthcare for a long time and, just like everyone else, I’ve had personal experiences with the healthcare system that have left me feeling that we can do better. Knowing what we’re doing is helping clinicians and, at the end of the day, helping to improve care delivery… that’s incredibly motivating.”
- Halo Health Hype: What does Kendall love about Halo Health? “Halo Health, to me, is the passion and the people. Our collective passion and mission to improve healthcare is, as I mentioned, incredibly motivating. And the people that work to fulfill that mission here at Halo Health… it’s the most welcoming, collaborative, kind, and fun group I’ve worked with. You should love coming to work every day, and I am fortunate that is my reality.”
We’re grateful to have Kendall on our team – In fact, here’s what her nominators had to say:
- Kendall is killing it. She consistently delivers excellent content while leading and managing multiple projects with the marketing team. She always has a great mood and talking with her is always a boost to my day.
- In less than two quarters Kendall has elevated the Halo Health content machine to new levels, both in quantity and style. She thinks strategically about how each piece will land – is it relevant and topical to the target audience? Along with our excellent design pros, she’s taking our game to the next level!
- Since Kendall joined Halo Health, I have seen an unprecedented volume of posts on social media and other platforms. Kendall has definitely shown accountability, a great attitude, and teamwork to create great content. Keep it up!
- Kendall Shadley is worthy of the title, Halo Hero. She has a positive attitude, greets you with a smile and asks how you are doing. She takes on tasks and holds herself accountable for completing them on time and with professionalism. She works hard on projects and is tenacious when things get tough. She’s a good teammate. Great to have Kendall on the Halo Health Marketing team. She deserves a Halo Hero award.